INISHOWEN beachgoers have been warned to be extra cautious after a potentially dangerous Lion’s Mane jellyfish was washed up on Shroove Beach near Greencastle.
Last Tuesday hundreds of locals and visitors were at beaches throughout Inishowen enjoying the 24-degree Celsius weather.
However beachgoers at Shroove were shocked to find the large brown Lion’s Mane jellyfish washed up on the Blue Flag strand.
While the majority of jellyfish found along the Inishowen coastline are harmless, some may have hazardous stingers on them.
To read more, click here.