A father and daughter have been brought to hospital following a house fire in Newtowncunningham in the early hours of Monday morning.
The fire, which started at a house in the Woodthorpe housing estate, just of Newtown’s Main Street, was reported to the Fire Service shortly before 1 o’clock yesterday morning.
Four fire appliances – two from Derry and two from Letterkenny – attended the scene of the house fire at the semi detached house in Newtown.
It is understood the father of the house passed his young daughter out the window of an upstairs bedroom to neighbours who were waiting with a ladder.
However the man himself had to be rescued after he fell back into the burning house while trying to make his escape.
To read more, click here.